Saturday, February 16, 2013

The best thing that happened to me today is...



I bought Sage (formerly Peachtree) Complete Accounting Software 2011 for a darned good price (thank you Ebay!). 




I've decided I need to take my business to the next level, and in order to more easily accommodate that, I really needed a better (and faster) method of tracking expense and inventory etc.  After reading a bunch of reviews online, I decided I should either have Quickbooks or Sage. 

Both have top-of-the-line products for small businesses (like mine!).  Quickbooks has an advantage because it seems to be more widely accepted and many financial institutions have software that works with them. Sage seems to score higher on overall accounting needs - and inventory management (which I liked).  Both have a Premier/Premium version which I really coveted... but in the end, I didn't have a lot to spend which meant that neither high-end version was in my reach.

I looked at numerous retail locations (including Amazon and Ebay).  I finally managed to find a pretty inexpensive (and relatively recent) version of Sage Complete (which is the next step down from Premium).  I think it will meet my needs nicely and I'm excited to get it and use it!  I'm hoping it will help me do a better job of documenting my expenses - especially for tax season!   Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you - please leave me a message here!