Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ladder Display Stands and Updated Show Booth

I have spent the last year visiting as many farmers markets, craft fairs, and flea markets as I possibly could.  My hat is off to the people (mostly women) that run the various shows and booths that I fell in love with!!  What an amazingly creative bunch of people!!!

5ft ladders with boards for shelves
One of the special (and somewhat rare) things I've seen and loved is Ladders as display shelving.  In fact, I loved it so much that I am creating my own.  A table-top version for smaller items, and a stand-alone version for my globe-based products.

I originally bought two tall ladders and two short ladders (all purchased separately) and of course I thought they were the same sizes, but as it turns out -I bought slightly different sizes (oopsy!).

To remedy the problem of the different sizes, I simply laid the shorter ladder on top of the longer ladder, matched up the rungs (which is the most important thing if you're going to use them to hold shelves!), and marked the leg-length.  I then cut off the legs of the longer ladder.  It worked pretty darned good if I do say so myself!

step-stool ladders (behind the jewelry displays)
Then to give the ladders a shabby-chic look (and have them compliment my booth decor), I painted them a medium-blue color and did a bit of distressing of the finish.  I also painted the boards I am using as shelves.  The overall look of my booth looks really nice (at least in my opinion!). 

Here's two pictures of the booth layout and color scheme/decor.  I LOVE it!   Now I just need to do my first Farmer's Market (next Friday, the 7th!).  I hope to see you there!

My finished booth (although I will have a white tablecloth covering the right table and legs!).  I LOVE my booth! 

Another view of the booth.  The round table probably won't stay (I need a smaller table there)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you - please leave me a message here!